Preventing a DUI Blemish from Derailing Your Successful Career – San Mateo DUI Lawyers
Whether you are rushing to San Francisco International Airport or commuting to work, gridlock is as predictable as unpredictable weather in the San Francisco Peninsula. Because we have an affluent community in our high-tech enclave of Silicon Valley, most drivers do not expect to be confronted with flashing red lights, the cold steel of handcuffs and an ominous ride in the back seat of a patrol car.
However, driving under the influence is not a criminal offense that is restricted to any particular demographic group. Our experienced San Mateo DUI defense lawyers at Beahm Law have successfully defended people across the spectrum of occupations and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Why You Need the Best-Reviewed DUI Defense Law Firm in California
Our San Mateo DUI defense law firm is built on the philosophy of providing the high-quality legal representation provided by large law firms while focusing on customer service more closely associated with small firms.
While there are many ways to evaluate a law firm and its attorneys, the best way might be to consider what prior clients and attorney rating services have to say about the firm. We have provided some examples of our feedback:
- Perfect 10.0 Rating by Avvo
- Avvo Clients Choice 2013
- 96% 5-Star Reviews (as of 10/2/14)
In short, a brief review of our firm online will reveal that we are the highest-rated DUI defense attorneys in California on websites like Avvo, Yelp and Google. We recognize that individuals facing the serious penalties and long-term consequences of a DUI conviction want the best DUI defense attorney on their side. We encourage you to do your due diligence by searching the web for feedback because we know that informed consumers of legal services will find their way back to our San Mateo DUI defense law firm.
At Beahm Law, the leading attorney on your case will continue in that capacity until your case is resolved. While we use scientific experts, private investigators, medical experts and others in building a strong team for your defense, we do not pass clients off to junior associates. Your lead attorney will remain in charge of your case while we tenaciously seek to have the charges dismissed or to obtain a not guilty verdict at trial. If we consider a plea agreement that involves a reduction in the charge or penalty, the terms will be predicated on leverage obtained by crafting the strongest possible defense strategy.
Proven San Mateo DUI Defense Strategies Customized to Obtain the Best DUI Outcome
There are many factors that can impact our approach to defending you in a DUI case. However, the key is meticulous preparation, investigation and legal research. We approach every DUI case with the understanding that we are the buffer between our client and the virtually limitless resources of the state.
The penalties for a DUI conviction are significant even for a first offense:
- Misdemeanor conviction
- Maximum of six months in county jail
- Summary probation for 3-5 years
- 6-9 month driver’s license suspension (restricted license might be available)
- $390-$1,000 in fines
- Mandatory participation in drug/alcohol education class
If you have prior convictions for intoxicated-driving-type offenses or other complicating factors like an accident that causes great bodily injury, you will likely face much more serious charges and penalties, such as a felony charge and a lengthy term in state prison.
These formal penalties do not provide a complete picture of the impact of a DUI conviction in San Mateo. If you are convicted, you also might experience the following adverse effects:
- Adverse impact on immigration rights and privileges
- Criminal record available to future employers and landlords
- Loss of certain constitutional rights (in Felony DUI cases)
- Loss of eligibility for certain state-issued occupational licenses
- Disqualification or discipline for individuals with professional licenses
- Denial of certain loans or academic financial aid
- Academic discipline
- Damage to your personal and professional reputation
While we customize our defense strategy to your unique circumstances, an experienced San Mateo DUI defense attorney at Beahm Law might assert some of the following defenses:
- Inherent lack of reliability of field sobriety tests (FSTs)
- Distraction of the officer during the mandatory 20-minute observation period prior to administering a breath test
- Dental work, low-carb diets or acid reflux compromising breath test results
- Insufficient evidentiary basis for pulling over your vehicle
- Inaccurate information or misrepresentations in the arresting officer’s police report
- Issues related to documentation and calibration of the breath test machine
- Improper procedures when administering a blood test or handling the sample
Our proven San Mateo County DUI attorneys are committed to ferociously defending your rights and to persuasively advocating for your innocence, so we offer a free consultation. We invite you to speak with a respected San Mateo DUI attorney. Call us at 844-811-5444 to schedule your initial consultation or talk to us online 24/7.
You work directly with your attorney every step of the way.
We utilize technology so you don't need to come into the office and in most cases, court.
Connected to the Local Community
We have built close professional relationships with local judges and district attorneys and are deeply involved in the community.
We get great results, and we get them fast!
Voted Best of SF 4 out of the past 5 years by SF Weekly.
Our experienced attorneys are here to provide expert advice when you need it most.