San Francisco DUI Attorney
Exemplary Legal Services to Protect Your Rights & Future
Whether you are leaving AT&T Park after Buster Posey has just hit a walk-off home run, the theater district after watching a Broadway musical, or the War Memorial Opera House after an evening with the San Francisco Ballet, a DUI arrest on the way home can have devastating consequences. Heavy city traffic and our maze of one-way streets also provide a trap for unwary tourists because San Francisco is one of the most difficult cities to navigate for motorists in California or throughout the U.S.
What are the Penalties for DUI in San Francisco?
The challenging driving environment in the city by the bay means that driving errors are common. If you inadvertently turn down a one-way street or make a last-second lane change, flashing lights in your rear-view mirror can cause enormous stress if you have enjoyed wine, beer or spirits. When you are arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), you can face life-changing consequences. A San Francisco DUI conviction can mean:
- jail or prison,
- loss of your driver's license,
- steep fines and other penalties,
Even if this is your first offense. If you are involved in an accident resulting in serious bodily injury or a fatality, you face the prospect of even more serious charges and a lengthy term in state prison.
Why a Beahm DUI Lawyer Is the Right Choice to Protect Your Future
Although many people take their chances with a court-appointed attorney, your decision to retain a veteran San Francisco DUI attorney with a proven record of success can protect your job, future career opportunities, rental housing options, eligibility for immigration benefits and enrollment status at colleges and universities throughout the Bay Area. Although our criminal defense lawyers have the resources, experience and cutting-edge technology to pursue the best possible outcome in your case, we offer the personal attention and communication of a smaller law firm. When your liberty, job and driving privileges hang in the balance, you want attorneys who are ready to answer your questions and tenaciously advocate for your rights.
Our reputation for zealous advocacy, effective legal strategies and the highest-caliber personal service is confirmed by our feedback on websites across the Internet. We do not ask you to take our word for how our law firm is regarded, rather we encourage you to consider feedback from our former clients, peers and attorney rating services. Beahm Law has earned the highest rating of all California DUI law firms on Avvo, Yelp and Google. Our ability to impact charging decisions and to obtain acquittals, dismissals and favorable reductions in charges or sentencing, has helped us earn the best client reviews of any California DUI defense law firm.
Types of DUI Offenses
The attorneys at our San Francisco DUI defense law firm have the expertise and ability to handle the full spectrum of DUI cases and issues, such as:
- Chemical Test Refusals
- DUI Under 21
- DMV administrative license suspension hearing
- High blood alcohol level DUI (.15, .2, .3 and above)
- Drugged driving (prescription drugs, illegal narcotics)
- DUI with child passengers
- Holders of commercial driver's licenses (CDLs)
Effective DUI Defense Strategies Customized for Your San Francisco DUI Case
Our knowledgeable and experienced DUI lawyers carefully investigate law enforcement procedures, police reports, field sobriety tests, chemical testing results and the legal basis for your stop to construct the most persuasive procedural and substantive defenses.
While we base our defense tactics on the facts of your case, some defenses we might employ include:
- Exposing the officer's inadequate training or improper administration of field sobriety tests (FSTs)
- Challenging the sufficiency of the evidence for pulling you over
- Moving for suppression of incriminating statements that were obtained through unlawful coercion or violation of your Miranda rights
- Arguing the officer did not continuously observe you during the mandatory observation period before your breath test
- Establishing that your blood alcohol concentration rose between the time you were driving and the administration of your breath test
- Contending that your breath test results were skewed by confounding factors, such as low-carb diets, dental work, acid reflux, diabetes or other influences
- Revealing improper calibration of the breath test device
This is a conservative sampling of some of the defenses we have utilized to defend locals and tourists arrested for DUI in San Francisco. If you are a San Francisco resident, you are well aware that the liberal bias that permeates our city's politics and social views does not extend into our courtrooms during DUI prosecutions. Time is of the essence when you are arrested for DUI because you only have 10 days to contest suspension of your driver's license!
We offer a free consultation so you can speak with our experienced San Francisco DUI attorneys to learn how we can protect your rights and pursue the best possible outcome. Call our San Francisco office at 844-811-5444 or contact us online 24/7.