Beahm Law – Your Experts in Expungement
Are you a first-time offender with no convictions? Finding it hard to obtain employment even though you've completed probation? Do you want your record expunged but don't know if you qualify?
We at Beahm Law will help you determine if your record can be expunged – rendered inaccessible by employers and law enforcement.
Call us for a free consultation; we'll be happy to meet with you. Make sure to bring your rap sheet, which you'll get from the Oakland police department. From your rap sheet, we'll tell you in no uncertain terms whether or not you qualify.
Process to File for Expungement
- Go to your local Oakland police station and ask for assistance in acquiring your rap sheet.
- Go to the courthouse where your last case was handled.
- Go to the clerk's office and ask them to let you see your file. The file will show your case number, the charges you pleaded guilty to, and when the conviction happened.
- The clerk will give you forms CR180 and form CR181. Fill them out and give your completed forms to the clerk.
- Bring copies of the forms and copies of a proof of service to the Alameda County Office of the District Attorney in the courthouse where the case will be heard.
- At this time, in Oakland and Alameda County, there's no fee for an expungement.
After You File
The clerk will set up a date for you to appear for your expungement hearing. Don't expect it to be in the next few days, because it can take up to a couple of months. When you appear, you'll either represent yourself, have a public defender if you can't afford to hire an attorney, or you'll have hired us. Once the hearing is done, you'll usually find out if the expungement is granted that day. Judges look more favorably on applicants who have attempted to make positive changes in their lives and are off probation. They're not as likely to grant an expungement for people who continue to get into trouble and are still on probation, but it's not impossible.
Why Should You Hire Beahm Law?
When we represent you, we'll make this process much less intimidating. This is a stressful process and we do what we can to make it as seamless and stress-free as possible. In most cases you don't even have to appear in court!
You could represent yourself, but do you know the law like the back of your hand? This is what we do. Trust us, and let us help you.
We're Here for You!
Call Beahm Law, Oakland's best expungement attorneys (844) 811-5444 at for your free consultation or contact us online now.