I am thrilled to announce that I have been recording episodes of ‘The Ask The Festival Lawyer' podcast with legendary festival law attorney Cameron Bowman. The podcast features Cameron, aka “The Festival Lawyer,” and I discussing legal news in the festival and nightlife scene. The podcast stresses the importance of knowing your rights. We will be discussing critical legal topics, such as this week's Coachella Report, to help keep festival-goers safe and avoid unnecessary trouble with the law.
Listen to Podcase Episode
In our first podcast, Cameron and I discuss:
- What to do if a police officer stops you at a music festival.
- A “Know Your Rights” seminar from “Freedom Fest” in San Francisco.
- What is the difference between a consensual encounter, a detention, and an arrest?
- An analysis of the three most important “Fest Law Phrases” that any festival goers should know cold in the case of an encounter with law enforcement.
- The festival “High Five of Justice,” the five steps listed on the tip cards which were handed out at “Freedom Fest.”
- How to determine whether you are free to leave by asking “Am I being detained?”
- Why your right to remain silent is so important.
- Why your case will not be dismissed due to a failure to read you your Miranda rights.
- Finally, we come to the Coachella Report, as I give my first-hand account of weekend one, followed by a discussion of arrests for Coachella in 2017.
If you have a questions or ideas for future episodes for the podcast you can email them to [email protected] or [email protected] We look forward to your questions. We have already received a ton of fantastic questions. Keep them coming!
Remember, the “Ask the Festival Lawyer” podcast is to give you general information and news about legal topics, NOT legal advice. The law is complex, varies a great deal from state to state, and each factual situation is different.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment